Master of Health Care Innovation
Graduate Certificate in Health Care Innovation
Value and Quality in Health Care
- Historical overview of quality and value
- Quality measures, key players, and how quality translates into value
- Current focus of health care quality including
- health care equity,
- social determinants,
- worker turnover and burnout
- Regulatory and legal considerations in health care quality
- Principles and tools of quality improvement
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the historical perspective of health care quality and safety and how it has shaped the current US health care quality and safety focus.
- Explain the categories of measures that are used to assess and compare the quality of care provided by health care organizations.
- Outline the federal government's quality strategy and policy levers available to improve quality of care.
- Evaluate the potential of quality initiatives and start-ups to provide value within the health care ecosystem.
- Apply quality improvement tools to understand and present a solution to real-world heath care problem.