Master of Health Care Innovation
Graduate Certificate in Health Care Innovation
Advancing Health Equity
- Definitions of health disparities, health equity, and social determinants of health
- Tools, including implementation science and the 7 As of Access
- Examples of advancing equity through health policy and in organizational, community, and clinical settings
- Advice for doing health equity work in students' roles and professional settings
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain core concepts related to health equity, including health disparities, social determinants of health, identity, and ADEI.
- Identify equity challenges, and initiatives to address them, in government, health care organizations, clinical spaces, and community settings.
- Apply tools and frameworks for advancing health equity, including implementation science, the referee framework, and the 7 As of Access.
- Advocate for policies and programs that advance health equity in your workplace or field.